Working to grow as a product designer and get promoted into a leadership role? Craft your next career development plan with these frameworks and worksheets. Use these frameworks and worksheets to have more concrete career growth conversations with your manager in your next 1:1. Don't be surprised come performance review season, get on the same page now.
What would making an additional $10K next year do for you?
If you're looking to get to the next level in your career as a product designer, you need these tools in your toolkit:
1. The Design Leadership Career Canvas worksheet helps you focus on the eight key skills to develop across three areas:
- Product Sense
- Design Craft
2. The Four Shifts Framework worksheet helps you focus on the four shifts in responsibility you need to make to demonstrate potential for the next step of your career:
- Product Development Lifecycle
Use the output of these worksheets to start your next conversation with your manager on crafting your career development plan. Do the work to fill these out and start these conversations with your manager, and I’m confident that after that, you’ll see the value of making a habit out of integrating this into how you craft your next development plan.
- Two worksheets that you can use to reflect on your skills and the level of responsibility you're operating at today, and look forward to the skills you want to strength and grow in and the level of responsibility you want to operate at in the future
- Brief guides on how to use each framework to craft your next development plan and set the tone for more concrete career growth conversations with your manager in your next 1:1
Can I expense this to my company-sponsored professional development budget?
Yes, absolutely. Once you purchase, you'll receive a receipt that you can submit to your company for reimbursement as a professional development expense.
If I like this, can I share this with my team?
No, purchase of the Product Designer Career Growth Toolkit is for individual use only. If you'd like to purchase multiple copies for your team, please purchase one for each team member. If you'd like to hire me to lead an interactive workshop on this for your Design team, contact me for pricing.
Who are you?
I'm a design leader and career coach to designers who has interviewed hundreds of product managers and designers, and developed assessments for career ladder levels when hiring as I've helped scale and grow product teams at three different organizations.
I developed this framework first as an individual contributor to guide career growth conversations with my manager, and over the past few years when I became a people manager, have updated and improved it to help guide career growth conversations with people I manage. Now, I’m making it available to help product designers and design leaders have more useful career growth conversations in their 1:1s.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
Thank you for your support! For more resources, follow me for updates on future resources at www.crystalyan.com/resources
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.